NOOK app for iPhone and iPad
1808 ratings )
Barnes & Noble
Current version: 4.9.1
, last update: 4 months ago
First release : 27 May 2010
App size: 115.35 Mb
Get the FREE NOOK Reading App for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to start enjoying Barnes & Noble’s award-winning eBook discovery and digital reading experience. Access our vast online library of over 4 million eBooks, graphic novels, comics, and magazines; plus, enjoy recommendations just for you curated by our expert booksellers. Customize your experience with multiple font and page styles and powerful organization and social sharing tools.
Put down your reading and pick up where you left off—even as you jump from one screen to another.
Barnes & Noble at Your Fingertips
• Browse Bookstore for the latest new releases, bestsellers, and expert recommendations just for you! The more you use NOOK, the better our suggestions.
• Purchases completed on Barnes & Noble’s website will automatically appear on your device.
• Over 1 million FREE titles! Try a new author or start a new series risk-free. Download free eBooks directly from Bookstore.
• Download free book samples and add favorites to your Wishlist.
• Try any newspaper or magazine free for 14 days.*
Rich, Customizable Reading
• Adjustable font styles, line spacing, margins, page animations, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Use our Day, Night, and Evening themes or create your own background and text color combinations.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Organize your Library with custom stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
Create Your Own Quote Cards
• Found an inspiring or beautiful sentence in your book? Highlight and tap on ‘Share’ to launch the quote editor and create a custom Quote Card.
• Choose your favorite background and share with friends on social networks, email, and text message.
Discovery Delivered Daily
• Visit B&N Readouts for daily streams of free book excerpts, magazine articles, and all kinds of bookish news—including reviews from our community. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Join the thousands of NOOK readers on Serial Reads, Barnes & Noble’s latest free reading program. Enjoy a book every month, delivered FREE in daily chapters directly to your device. Titles are hand-picked by B&N editors across genres.
• Enjoy our Free Fridays eBook selection every week.
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
Pros and cons of NOOK app for iPhone and iPad
NOOK app good for
NOOK app. I use it over the iBooks app on my iPhone.
I love my
NOOK app. I can read my books and magazines whenever I want. I take the train to work everyday and have lots of time to catch up on my novels. Best thing ever.
I absolutely LOVE the
The only way to read! We have completely changed our reading habits from books through periodicals ending in the daily New Paper. Sorry library no more donations.
The best ebook reader app on IOS, in my view.
1. Allows me to properly dim the display.
2. Better layout.
3 Books do not disappear and reappear like on iBooks.
4. Better customization.
NOOK cloud since they were not NOOK Book purchase. The second is to allow a way to edit or change the book covers. To free classics that I loaded simply show as a weird digital icon
Overall the app is solid, the only things that keeps it from a five is that the generic ebooks I already have I cant put in the app but they dont store on my
NOOK app is cool and I like it how it seems up with the last page on the HD
Some bad moments
Cant figure out how to move books between shelves. Mostly books I have a but some are a series and I want to group by author. Also how do you delete or hide books when you are done? Dont own very many yet and I am already seriously annoyed!
I hate that I cannot do a search for particular authors like the previous apps or purchase books directly on this app. I have to go on the B & N website which is inconvenient. At least iBooks gives you that option
NOOK storage is over 300mb and no books downloaded. All tech support has been able to do is multiple sign outs and reinstalls. This behavior cant be normal. I have other reading apps with dozens of books downloaded and the storage used is correct.
For some reason,
I cant stand that you cannot purchase books from the app. Also, they no longer show what books you have on pre-order on the app. In fact, its nearly impossible to find your pre-orders anywhere. The whole point of an app is to make it easier to find and use things so why not apply that logic to this app?
In reading view, the font is too small and does not respond when pressing the "Aa" after upgrading to IOS 10.1
I use this app every day and I love it. Its irreplaceable. Probably the best app on my phone
books for free,
reading apps for kids,
books for kids,
books for free for kids,
nook - read books, magazines & comics,
and other. So, download free NOOK .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually NOOK iOS app used & searched for